Thursday, June 12, 2008

Story of 3 Mumbai sites: how to design homepage

I visited two website. http://www.pinstorm.com/ and http://www.communicate2.com/. Both sites belong to the respective digital marketing company Pinstorm and Comunicate2. I had opportunity to visit both of the office. I have visited to both offices with out knowing that these are the office of both companies.
One common thing is that both website are looking structurally same. Home pages of both website are text based. You will not find much image in their homepage. Both’s home page contains the feedback coupon. I am yet to know why they have used feedback page in front page. I am trying to understand. But one thing we need to learn from their home page is that they have made it SEO friendly.
A text based page is more SEO friendly than an image based page. Spider of a search engine is able crawl the home page easily is it is text based. It faces problem to crawl we put more images in home page. I have always faced debate on this matter. People ask me a lot questions when I suggest them for a text based page.
Online communication and offline communication has a lat of difference. Colorful cover page and packaging attracts people to a books or document. But website is always buried under lakhs of websites. A search engine only can bring it before us if it comes as part of a search result. Once it came to front, we will be able to visit it. I am apprehensive of an image based home page as it may face problem to be crawled by the search engine spider.
Pinstorm and Communicate2 ! Both are two leading company we presume they understand SEO and SEM. I also liked the way they both have designed their home page. A website should have a text based home page. With out using many images, a designer can also design good websites. The design of Commincvate2 and Pinstorm is liked by everybody. The designer has overcome the challenges. Another website from Mumbai is http://www.rudraksha-ratna.com/ . It has used a lot images in home page. If you see the properties of images being used by this website, mages. you will find all optimized. Page opening time is also less.
I have learnt this site on how to use images if we are bound to use images.

( It was first published in my blog- http://www.prbhai.wordpress.com/ . As I am moving to this blog, I have shifted the post to this blog : Blogger )

No comments: